Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the LPD located?

We are located at 1 Vine Street Suite 101, Lansdale, Pa 19446.  The department is on the first floor of the Lansdale Borough Hall. 


What is the Best Way Get Police Services?

The short answer is to call 911.

The long answer is that since the start of 911, emergency services have been asking people to call 911 for emergencies, when our message should have been call 911 when you need police, fire, or ambulance services for any reason. 

The idea that 911 is just for emergencies has caused people to hesitate before calling for other less emergent problems.  For fire and EMS, the need to call 911 for service is usually very cut and dry.  It can be less so for police services.  Many people feel bad “Clogging” up the 911 system for something less than an emergency, when you are not. 

Lansdale Police Department does not have a non-emergency phone number.  We have an office number and if you call this for police services, you will be forwarded to the Montgomery County 911 dispatcher.  Dialing 911 cuts out the middleman.  

If you need to speak with a specific officer/detective, or administration, please call 215-368-1801. 

If you need police, ambulance or fire services Please Dial 911       

How can I get a copy of a police report I have filed?

For Right To Know information CLICK HERE

What is a Snow Alert/Emergency?

In the event of considerable snow accumulations or forecasted snow accumulations, the Borough of Lansdale may declare a Snow Alert or Snow Emergency.  In this case Snow Alert and Snow Emergency are the same. 

When a Snow Alert is declared all vehicles parked on the side of the roadway where Snow Alert signage indicates no parking during a Snow Alert, are required by law to be moved elsewhere to allow snow plowing.  These restrictions are put into place for the purpose of public safety as well as the efficiency of snow clearing on Borough Streets.  Vehicles in violation are subject to a $50 Parking ticket and or towing.  Anyone interested in signing up for notifications from the Borough, which will include Snow Alerts, CLICK HERE

What is an Abandoned Vehicle?

Any vehicle, other than a bicycle, shall be presumed to be abandoned under any of the following circumstances, but the presumption is rebuttable by a preponderance of the evidence. 

  1. The vehicle is physically inoperable and is left unattended on a highway or other public property for more than 48hrs.
  2. The vehicle has remained illegally on a highway or other public property for a period or more than 48 hrs. 
  3. The vehicle is left unattended on or along a highway or other public property for more than 48 hours and does not bear all the following: valid registration plate, valid inspection certificate and visible VIN (vehicle identification number).

If there is an abandoned vehicle in your neighborhood, you can report it by CLICKING HERE or you can dial 911 and we will confirm and take the necessary action to have the vehicle removed.  Be advised the process takes several weeks to remove a vehicle. 

Do I Have to Register My Home or Business Alarm?

Yes.  All individuals and businesses that possess burglary/security alarms are mandated by PA State Law 7511B and Lansdale Borough Ordinance 1126, to register alarms with the Police Department.  Alarm registration must be completed annually.  Fees for alarms are as follows:

                $25 Residential Central Station

                $35 Business Central Station

                $15 Audible

Fees are due each year in January and at that time it will be necessary to update your emergency contact information. 


Once completed the application can be mailed to

Can I Register My Bike with the Police Department?

Yes!!   Occasionally bikes are stolen or lost and if owners do not have the bike serial number or other information, it can be difficult to match a found bike with its rightful owner.  Lansdale PD offers a free Bike registration.

If you would like to register your bike, CLICK HERE, then click on View Permit and scroll to the bottom of the page to “Bicycle Permit” Click on Bicycle Permit and fill out the information.  We do not know why it is called Bicycle Permit, but it is.  This is completely voluntary.  You do not have to register your bike to ride in Lansdale. 

I Want to have a Block Party, What do I Need to do?

Block party permits are issued at a cost of $10 payable with cash, check or money order.  You must submit an application which is subject to approval at the discretion of the Police Chief and Mayor.  

Once completed, the application and signed waiver can be emailed to



Do I need a Permit for Solicitation in Lansdale Borough?

Yes.  If you are planning to engage in an transient retail business where you are soliciting door-to-door, or taking orders, the cost is $30 per day or $100 per month, per solicitor and payments are by cash, check or money order.  You will need to present a driver’s license or Pa identification card at the time of the application.

If you are soliciting for a non-profit or charitable organization or group, permits are no longer necessary.

We do encourage this groups to contact the LPD and advise us where they will be soliciting.   

These permits are issued at the discretion of the Chief of Police.  Solicitor or vendor permits can be obtained at the Lansdale Borough Police Department during normal business hours.

For more information you can contact the Lansdale Borough Police at 215-368-1801. 

Click Here for application PDF 

Does Lansdale Borough have a Curfew?

Yes.  Parents are always welcome and encouraged to set their own curfews that are more stringent, but this is the Lansdale Borough Curfew Law:

No Minor shall remain, idle, wander, stroll or play in any public place either on foot or to cruise without a set destination in any vehicle in, about or upon any place in the Borough between the hours of curfew as set forth in Subsection B of this section.

Hours of curfew shall be as follows: between Sunday 10:00 p.m. and Monday 5:00 a.m., between Monday 10:00 p.m. and Tuesday 5:00 a.m., between Tuesday 10:00 p.m. and Wednesday 5:00 a.m., between Wednesday 10:00 p.m. and Thursday 5:00 a.m., between Thursday 10:00 p.m. and Friday 5:00 a.m., between Saturday 12:00 midnight and Saturday 5:00 a.m. and between Sunday 12:00 midnight and Sunday 5:00 a.m. Notwithstanding anything in this subsection to the contrary, in the event that the day prior to a national holiday shall fall on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, the beginning of the  curfew hours for that day prior to a national holiday shall be set back from 10:00 p.m. of that day to 12:00 midnight of the national holiday.

What Should I do if I Received a Traffic Citation?

All questions about traffic citations can be answered by CLICKING HERE

Our District Court information:

Court 38-1-28

Judge Levine

430-440 Pennbrook Parkway (near China King Restaurant)

Lansdale, PA 19446

(215) 393-7534

Hrs. 8:30 - 4:30

FAX (215) 393-7536


District Includes: Townships of Towamencin and part of Hatfield and Boroughs of Hatfield and Lansdale.

How do I a Pay Parking Ticket?

For information on paying Parking Tickets, CLICK HERE