UPT Police Hiring Part Time and Full Time Administrative Assistants
The administrative support staff provides clerical and administrative support to Police Department staff and is responsible for performing general daily clerical tasks as well as specialized functions and communicating with the public telephonically and in person.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position will be responsible for these major duties:
• Performs data entry into the police department report management system.
• Answers and documents incoming calls to the police department.
• Processes requests and payments for accident reports, parking tickets, etc.
• Processes court hearing notices for officers.
• Processes PA Right to Know requests.
• Scans documents.
• Assists with general public walk-ins and complaints.
• Assists with maintaining accurate records and files for easy accessibility for department staff.
• Assists officers and administrative staff with special clerical tasks as needed.
• Assists with compilation of statistical information and report generation as needed.
• Maintains discretion of confidential police business, records, and files.
• Operates standard office, personal computer, and related equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Some college coursework desired.
• Four (4) years of experience in administrative or similar support staff function preferred.
• Prior experience working in a Police Department preferred.
• Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and office assistance techniques.
• Knowledge of computer operations pertaining to administrative office work, word processing, and spread sheeting.
• Ability to work independently and with direction.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public.
• Ability to prioritize work, manage time, and complete work within time limits while attending to detail and follow-up.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Good attention to detail.
Interested applicants should forward resume to:
Position will remain open until filled
Upper Providence Township is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer