Can you fax me a Police Report?

No, we do not fax reports. For more information, refer to the records department section of the website.

What about Fingerprinting?

Personnel from the Plymouth Township Police Department are available to do non-criminal fingerprinting for those who work or reside in the Township. Typically, such fingerprints are needed for purposes like employment, adoption, and immigration applications. 

There is a $25.00 fee for this service. 

Non-criminal fingerprinting is done through appointments only. Call the police department at 610-279-1901 to schedule an appointment.

What to do if you receive a Traffic Citation?

You're driving along one day when your attention is caught by a flash of red and blue lights in your rearview mirror, followed by a signal from a police officer to pull over. 

You've received a traffic citation. 

We know it's never pleasant for a citizen to be ticketed. But for everyone's safety, Plymouth Township Police Department takes its responsibility for enforcement of traffic laws seriously. When cited, you have two options. 

You may plead guilty by contacting the District Court listed on the citation and arranging payment of the fine and costs. 

You may plead not guilty by contacting the District Court listed on the citation and arranging a date for a hearing before the District Justice. The officer who issued you the citation will also appear at your hearing. You may be required by the District Court to post the amount of your fine and costs prior to your day in court. You will receive these funds back following the hearing if you are found not guilty. 

The District Court covering Plymouth Township is: 


District Judge Francis Bernhardt 

625 W. Ridge Pike 

Bldg B Suite 101 

Conshohocken, Pa 19428

My car was towed, how can I get it back?

You must come to the police station to obtain a “tow release” for your vehicle. 

There is a $20.00 administrative fee that is due at the time the tow release is issued to you. Once you obtain the “tow release” you may pick your vehicle up from the towing agency that towed it. 

Payment is due for towing and storage at the time of pickup.

What about Abandoned Vehicles?

Abandoned Vehicles are a nuisance as well as an eyesore. Don't let abandoned vehicles ruin the look of your neighborhood. 

Under Pennsylvania's Motor Vehicle Laws, a vehicle is considered abandoned if: 

- left on a highway or public property in inoperable condition for 48 hours or longer 

- left illegally on a highway or public property 

- left on a highway or public property for 48 hours or longer and does not have a valid license plate and/or inspection stickers 

- left on private property without the owner's consent for 48 hours or longer

Am I allowed to park my car on the street when it is snowing?

No. If 3 or more inches of snow accumulates or a “Snow Emergency” is declared you may not park on the street if off-street parking is available. You must park your vehicle in your driveway. If off-street parking is not available, then on street parking on one side of the street is permitted as follows: 

Parking on the even side of the street is permitted during even years. 

Parking on the odd side of the street is permitted during odd years. 

For example you can only park on the odd side of the street during a snowfall in 2015.

What are the requirements for Solicitation?

Plymouth Township does not permit solicitation unless you are exempt under the exemptions list below. 

1. Individuals registered under the “Solicitation of Charitable Funds Act”; 

2. Members of non-profit organizations such as the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. 

3. Persons selling tickets for the benefit of a charitable or non-profit organization. 

4. Persons under the age of 18 who take orders and deliver things such as newspapers, candy, greeting cards, etc. 

5. Farmers engaged in selling the products of their own farms from a truck or other vehicle. 

6. Members of religious organizations. 

Refer to Plymouth Township Ordinance 1484

What about a Dog License?

Dogs are required to be licensed annually. To order your dog license by mail: 

Dog Licence Application.pdf for a Dog License Application you can print out at home. 

Complete all information on the Dog License Application. 

Make your check or money order payable to: County Treasurer 

Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope Mail your completed application & fee to: 

Montgomery County Treasurer 


P.O. Box 311 

Norristown, PA 19404-0311

What about Child Abuse?

Children are our most precious resource. Each child deserves the chance to grow up free from neglect or physical, sexual, and emotional abuse. 

If you believe that a child is being abused, you have several options: 

You may contact the police department 

You may submit an anonymous tip 

You may call CHILDLINE, PA's toll-free Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-932-0313

What about Domestic Violence?

If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, the Plymouth Township Police department stands ready to help. Police officers will respond quickly to domestic assaults, and will arrest abusers within the guidelines allowable by law. Officers will also assist victims in obtaining and enforcing protective court orders. 

Additional resources for victims of domestic violence: 


National Domestic Violence HotLine: www.thehotline.org 

Women's Center of Montgomery County : wcmontco.org

How do I schedule a Home Security Evaluation?

As a free service to residents of Plymouth Township, a police representative will visit your home and assess its level of protection against various types of crime. 

When the survey is complete you receive our recommendations for making your home safer. This process takes approximately 45 minutes, and you'll need to be present. 

To schedule a Home Safety Survey, contact Ofc. Mike Cassidy of the Community Policing Unit.

Does Plymouth Township have a curfew?

Yes it does. 

The curfew law applies to minors (anyone under the age of 18) and is in effect 

Sunday-Thursday from 10:30 PM – 6:30 AM 

Friday and Saturday from 12 midnight - 6:00 AM

Curfew restrictions do not apply to minors accompanied by a parent or a minor on legitimate business directed by a parent or a minor who is gainfully employed during the curfew hours. 

Refer to Ordinance 388, Article II, and section 14-20