Be mindful of the DOG LAWS!
We all love to be outside in the beautiful weather....our furry friends included!
Here are just a few reminders related to your responsibilities as a dog owner:
1. All dogs must be under control and must not be allowed to run at large.
2. Dogs are personal property, and owners are responsible for damages caused by their dog.
3. All dogs three months of age or older must be licensed.
4. Clean up after your dog, both on your property and when out on walks.
(Per Township Ordinance....."Proper cleanup and disposal" shall mean that such person shall immediately remove all feces and droppings deposited by such animal, which removal shall be in a sanitary manner by shovel, so as to prevent any noxious odors, attraction of vermin or any other public health nuisance to neighbors.)
5. Incessant barking dogs are considered a nuisance and in violation of township code. For the exact time frames, see the township ordinance link below.
6. No pet animals shall be allowed in a Township park or playground unless attended and controlled by a leash. Pets are prohibited from all athletic fields, playgrounds or fenced court surfaces in all parks.
For more information related to the PA laws, visit PA Dog Laws.
For more information and resources related to responsible dog ownership, visit the American Kennel Club.